Monday, August 10, 2009

A Western Odyssey: Day 1

Our 2009 vacation odyssey began when I received an email from 'Vision Forum' advertising 'Generations Radio w/ Kevin Swanson'. This podcast in turn advertised 'Renewing the Family Camp'. On a whim I visited the website and forwarded a link to my wife, just as point of interest.

The next thing I know, my wife and daughters are planning an extended expedition into the western wilds of our nation.

Before long I find that we are packed and loaded in the 15- passenger van our family calls 'The Church Bus.' This is is the first year we allowed our daughters to drive, and drive they did. I don't recall either Sharri or my self ever getting behind the wheel on the first leg of our journey.

From Lamar, MO we drove to Santa Rosa, NM. I thought with all the hours I wasn't driving I would be able to finish two or three books by the time we returned beginning with D.A. Caron's "How Long, O Lord.". Between the rustic, arid scenery and the new G.A. Henty audio book "Under Drake's Flag" I read very little.

We stopped for dinner in Tucumcari, NM for dinner, we just as we were about to leave, a storm left a portion town without power. As we were filling up at a different part of town we saw a magnificent rainbow, such a reminder of God's Promises in Genesis 9. Our pictures really don't do it justice, as it was very brilliant, and nearly Complete, as a double rainbow.

e-Sword Home

No comments: