This morning in Santa Rosa, NM I [Bill] detached my bicycle from the back of the van and prepared to take my morning ride before we continued on our journey. As I did I greeted (or was greeted) by a gentleman who I learned was leading churches in two distantly separated cities, in association with Oral Roberts University. While we didn't get into a deep discussion, I did appreciate the way God orchestrates our lives. This becomes more clear as we continue our jounery, but that is for a later entry.
I should have taken pictures of my rides, as I have come to appreciate the country more having ridden about 10 miles at each night's stop. I have come to have a different appreciation for the green country that I cycle through each day here at home, and yet appreciate arid beauty of the country God has made in AZ.
After getting an audio tour CD, some obligatory postcards and grabbing a bite to eat from the snack shop, we continued into the park. Unfortunately we didn't have the time available that we should had to check out the entire park. In fact I would recommend that one should really drive the park backwards, as the more rewarding specimens are located at the south end of the park, which we did not have the time to see.
Going through the pictures, I have come to realize just how much digital photography has changed our lives. While Sharri insists that we take 'people pictures', out budding artist has learned that to get good pictures, you take MANY pictures (can we say 220 just of the petrified forest stop). Sharri wants people for the memories, Rinnah the many for artistic inspiration (she takes after her daddy). I am a blessed man.
No comments:
Post a Comment